Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday in the park

I'm not a country fan, but I do like random stuff, mostly really old school country by people like Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams Sr., Hank Snow, Patsy Cline. I can do without the Toby Keiths and the Hank Jr.s but what I like I really really like.

My first experience of Steve Earle was a short story he wrote about a funeral and the country music drug culture, I think it was called A Eulogy of Sorts. I got interested in him from that story, and read up about him. Great politics. Then I gave the music a shot. I like quite a lot of it, although some of it is a little too country for me. But the following song is always gonna be on my short list for favorite songs ever:




I 'spect he was still sort of junked out when he did this show. He sure was fine looking when he was younger. At any rate, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment